Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer 2012

Vicky, over at http://traditionslaughterandhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-plans-what-have-you-been-up-to.html is having a linky party.  This is our first ever linky party and I'm not totally sure I'm doing this right!  I have so much to learn when it comes to blogging.  I'm hoping that the more I play with it- the better I get. If you have some helpful hints, I would love to hear from you!!

Christy and I have been spending some of our summer in professional development.  We are kind of nerds on the educational spectrum, but it's a good thing, I think. I attended a reading conference for two days and a Lucy Calkins writing conference for four days.  Meanwhile, Christy went to a five day conference on science.  She is so pumped up about it. In fact, she's currently working on our first unit that involves setting up and using an interactive notebook!  We will post pics of that soon.

I've completed a reading project with organizers for summarizing, character traits, and inferrencing.


I am also currently working on a complete preposition/prepositional phrase unit that I am totally excited about.  It will be everything a teacher needs to introduce preps, all the way to assessing them at the end. 

We both have also stayed very busy with our kids.  Christy is extremely involved with travel soccer because her beautiful twin girls play every weekend.  I, on the other hand, have found myself wrapped up heavily in travel baseball and softball. It's quite a challenge for both of us- but we love it so much!!



That's all for now....   I really I hope I did this right, LOL!!

3 comments:

christy said...

yep! That is pretty much our life...school and kid's sports! :-)

vicky1970 said...

U did great...thanks so much for linking up ��

Anonymous said...

Blog it up, ladies! Leslie Johnson